Monday, April 28, 2008

Just Chit-Chat

Okay, so I just did this past weekend my annual community yard sale. First of all, it was threatening rain, but we managed to get through the thing w/o a drop, although it had started thundering when we were loading back up the stuff that DID NOT SELL. :( I sold a few things, but not as much as I had hoped for... but you know these things... you always see something that someone else has and you go get it, therefore, spending most of what you make!! HA. Let's see...
I found me some barstools for my new kitchen island .. a heck of a deal... a new ladder for $5... two pedastools to put plants on in my new house and.... a "tree" (fake) to put in my new dining room for only TWO BUCKS.. TWO BUCKS!!! I had been looking at these, and I am glad I waited.. cause even the cheap ones were over $30. DEALS.. gotta love them. So.. the day was okay.. met some new folks.. "neighbors," if you will... talked up the Georgia Music Industry Association to a few of them .. met a few musicians.. had a few record guys come by and sit and go through my record boxes.. it's always interesting to get into a conversation w/these record "LP and 45" guys.. and yeah, most of them are guys. In fact, out of all the years we have done record shows and flea markets.. I may have been the only woman actually selling them.. hmmmm... no, wait.. I may have seen a few at the Birmingham, AL, record show we did many years back.... but overall, it must be a GUY thing. Used to sell 'em on e-bay too. My husband found a 45 of the theme song for the Munsters tv show and bought it for a QUARTER... we put it on e-bay, started it at like $2 maybe and sold it to a couple out in Colorado who wanted it for their jukebox.. at a whopping ...
$237.00 !!!!! Gotta love it. It was fun back then. Don't do this any more, just don't have time...
as I am now trying to be a professional SONGWRITER. (giggle)... maybe I shouldn't sell all my record collection.. HA.

Anyway... Nashville is coming up.. I've got a few appts. made.. taking a few new songs with me.
Turns out, three of my Georgia Music Association guys are going up the same time and performing an in-the-round at the French Quarter... so I will be hopefully there supporting them. GMIA has a big Labor-Day event coming up.. we will be part of the Coweta Festival this year.. they are giving us 4-hours of stage time. Looking forward to this but at the same time don't want it to get here too fast, as that would mean summer was over.. . Sheesh!Can't even stand the thought of that right now.

Okay, other than this.. let's see.. I recently had a business meeting at Rhodes Hall in Atlanta, GA.
For those of you who are familiar with Rhodes Furniture.. this was the home of Mr. and Mrs. Rhodes.. they still have some of THEIR furniture, etc. in there. It's a beautiful place. Looks like a castle. We may be having some GMIA events there. Will know soon. I hear there's a ghost in there though, so I will make sure I am not left alone any. YIKES!! But if you are in the area, take the time to visit Rhodes Hall.

Okay, that's it for now.. now go write a wonderful song all you songwriters.. and if you are not a songwriter... go bowling or something today and have fun. :)

~~shelia

No comments: