Thursday, June 19, 2008

GOOD DAY, SUNSHINE

I realized today that I hadn't updated my blog page in quite awhile! So here goes...

The sun's coming up nicely here, west of Hotlanta...that's what it's been lately. .. but I don't mind. I LOVE summertime..even though summer is not officially here yet.

Let's see, where to start.. I went to Nashville in May. Had a great time. Even did a little dancing at the Bourbon Street Bar there this time. There was this chick in the band that night, and MAN!! She could blow. I think she's the best female singer in a band that I have seen in a long time. I'll have to get the name of their band and tack in on here so you guys can check them out. I had some friends in town and also took a girlfriend with me, so it turned out okay.. the FUN factor that is..but trying to get an appointment with someone in Nashville is hard!! I had one appointment set up for a possible "songplugger" to listen to six songs.. well, she asked that I send them before I got there so she could listen and be ready to sit and talk with me when I got there.. so I get there.. and she hasn't listened!@! I have to admit, I was a little upset. No, a lot. So she tells me that she has them and will get back to me.. still nothing. A month later. WHY do people have to be this way? Is it because I am a NOBODY in their eyes? Bite ME. :(
I did meet quite a few new folks and was given the okay to contact a new person next time I was coming to town... a publisher. Went to the French Quarter and supported some local Georgia boys (songwriters) who were performing there that night. So there it was May.. and it was COLD in Nashville. My girlfriend and I took sandals and short sleeves, and DANG!!! HELLO?

Georgia Music Industry Assoc. (GMIA) will be starting a monthly workshop/critique session on the fourth Sunday of each month. This coming Sunday will be our first one, and I am looking forward to it. Workshops will be conducted by local music biz folks/songwriters/and hopefully we'll be bringing some Nashville folks in at times. For those interested in attending, see our website: www.gmia.org

Life's been extremely busy lately.. actually this whole year. I have a busy July coming up.. with possibly 3 out-of-town guests, but I hope they show... I'm looking forward to it.

Gotta go for now..

~~shelia

No comments: