Tuesday, August 14, 2007

PEOPLE

I failed to mention in the last post that I was very glad to meet Brian Austin Whitney, founder of Just Plain Folks. He is a pro at what he does, and it is amazing how much he does and what energy he has. He's getting ready to do a European tour soon, and I wish him much success with it. It was also nice to have met his wife, Linda, also. Glad she got to come down to Nashville.

This week I've been listening to these CDs...mostly people you haven't heard of..it's people I met on the N'ville trip... but I'm enjoying their work... they include.. Cheyenne Medders, Lisa Martin, and Bill Robinson.

I also attended a showcase at the Wildhorse Saloon (put on by an organization). What they mostly do is go around to different venues and showcase their members. Here are some names that I think are worth watching for: Hali Hicks, Chris Dee, Courtney Arnold, Somer Willard, and one that just totally blew me away.. 10-year-0ld Krysta Nick. Krysta is going to be a big star one day... her voice is beyond her years and she has so much control over it and stage presence.. Krysta... you've got plenty of time girlie.. enjoy being young...you're ALREADY on your way.. I hope to run into YOU again in the future.. just know that Shelia Quattlebaum is a FAN of yours.

Good luck to everyone..there's a lot of competition out there.. you've got to have that little something about you to stand out from the rest. I believe the ones I mentioned from the showcase have what it takes to compete!

~~Shelia

No comments: