Wednesday, January 2, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

I'm here, and I made it through another year. A lot of things happened in 2007.. in FACT, things were happening all the way up to December 31st!!! Let me just put it this way, I'm welcoming 2008. :)

Did any of you set New Year Resolutions? I used to.. I wrote my resolutions down. I thought about them for days before the first day of the new year. I guess I still think about what I need to accomplish, do differently, or just downright forget for the new year approaching.. days before day ONE gets here. I just don't write them down on paper anymore. And no, I don't type them out either. Since I try to keep most of my blog here geared towards MUSIC, I will stick with those thoughts.

My biggest goal is to try to get my songs out there more. .. to be heard.. As far as I know, I have one song on "hold" with a major label new artist right now. At least that was the news last month.. it may have changed now. In this business, one day you're on top, and the next no one could know your name. I also need to work on some new material and finish some up I've been working on for months. My life has been so busy since October, I have not been able to accomplish much with the writing.

My third goal is a biggie. I was elected Vice-President of the Georgia Music Industry Assoc. on December 1st. Three weeks later, our President stepped down, and now I have an organization to run until the President position is filled. It was an unexpected turn of events, and not one I saw coming. So I have a challenge ahead of me for sure! I am working with some great board of directors sand other officers though, and we do have a plan.. it will be a challenging year for us but hopefully a good year.

I wish you all the best in 2008. May each of you be pushed further along on your musical journeys.

Till next time...

~~shelia

No comments: