Sunday, April 22, 2007

APRIL--What's Going On

Hard to believe this coming week is the fourth week of April already. Time really doesn't stand still, does it? Okay, HERE is what's going on in the MY Music World and beyond:

GEORGIA MUSIC INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION..... www.gmia.org
We are hard at work getting ready for the Best of Country Showcase coming up May 19th at Brookshire's Taste of Nashville in Douglasville, Georgia. I've heard that we have received quite a few entries for this songwriter's contest... can't wait to hear who made the finals and meet everyone and hear their songs that night! One of our judges confirmed will be from N'ville,
Bronson Herrmuth.. MUSIC PUBLISHER, PRODUCER, PERFORMER, AUTHOR, WORKSHOP INSTRUCTOR , MULTI-INSTRUMENTALIST, SONGWRITER, MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, and FAMILY-MAN. He's just written a book also and will do a book-signing at Jackson's Music in Douglasville, Georgia, on May 19th also. Looking forward to meeting him.

I'm learning that putting events together like this one is a lot of hard work!! HA That's why we combined yesterday's meeting with some grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, and ribs!!! Can you say FINALLY ... hello (almost) Summmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmertimmmmmmmmmmme. :)
For those of you who don't know me, Shelia is a Summer Gal. :) Just ask my old buddy, Gary, out in California.

WHAT ELSE? Well, I was trying not to say anything till it actually happened, and maybe I shouldn't jinx myself. BUT.. here goes. Oh well, if it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't, well...
I'll figure out how to feel about it at that point. HA. I have been asked to be a part of Mike Brookshire's stage show in his newly-remodeled venue (Brookshire's.. A Taste of Nashville). This is also where we are having our Songwriters' Showcase. Mike Brookshire is an AWESOME talent, and I am just very honored that he has asked me to do this. Looks like the plan is for me to be having my own 30-minute spots in the first and third hours for the night w/the band. And he wants me to do some of my originals too!!! That's the best part. This is what it's all about, folks..... getting out there, getting your songs heard, networking, and enjoying our musical journey. The venue is not completely finished yet and there's still rehearsal with the band to do...but I'm sitting on pins and needles and READY. :) Just say the word, Mr. Brookshire. I'm your girl!!!! This is amazing folks... It's been about 10 years since I've sung regularly and with a band involved. These days seems like all the 19-25-year-old females are getting asked to do these jobs, so I am just really KNOCKED out that I have this opportunity again to sing and entertain crowds.. Like I said, it hasn't happened yet, but everything has been discussed and just waiting for the venue to be ready and the band...then WATCH OUT DOUGLASVILLE, GA!!! ha. He wants me to keep it uptempo and his words were "Be as different as you can." No problemo... I've got some old..OLD .. Ike and Tina Turner stuff in the lineup... a couple by one of my favorite female artists, Patty Loveless...some ELVIS.. a Lucinda Williams' song... a Mary Chapin-Carpenter song... so a good variety. ......

IS THAT IT? No.... working on some new originals .. slow-go with everything going on right now, but it is a priority.. finally starting to get some "bites" if you will in N'ville on our original material. Cross your fingers and toes everyone!!!!

BYE? I guess, for now. ;)

1 comment:

April Freeman said...

Mike Brookshire is my father, and I'm very proud of him. We love him lots!!!