Sunday, March 4, 2007

A Lot of News....

Hello.. March 4, 2007

First Music News:

Bill Osofsky and I have just had a single song published with Justin Wilde (Christmas Songs) out in California. We are very happy about this and hope Justin can get the song out there to someone. Oh, by the way the name of the song is "Don't Let The Kids Get in the Eggnog." Hope you ALL hear it on radio one day soon.

GOOD LUCK to Tracy Lynn of Peachtree City, Georgia, in this coming week's North American Country Music Association's competitions.... She contacted me about 3 weeks ago and had heard mine and Bill's song, "I Know I Can Do It," and asked could she sing this in her competition at the Country Tonight Theatre in Pigeon Forge this week. Tracy has a great voice, and she is up for this organization's Female Vocalist Award for her age group and also their Entertainer of the Year Award. You can find out more about Tracy at her Soundclick site.......here is the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/tracylynn

I am in contact with the founders of the AtlantaCountryMusic.com site now.. met one of them, Dan, last week. I hope to be doing some things through them also. Their website is:

http://www.atlantacountrymusic.com

GMIA has a workshop on Understanding Publishing and Royalties coming up next Saturday, March 10th, in Marietta... we are also moving along with our Best of Country Showcase plans the end of May... please visit our site often to keep up with everything and for goodness sake, JOIN.. :)

http://www.gmia.org

And last but not least, met with Lyndsey Suggs yesterday....she is such a great singer. We're in the process again of getting this young lady back on track.. so keep an eye and ear out for her name!
She will be spotlight artist during the half-time show at the Best of Country Showcase in May ..venue to be announced probably this week.

ON A SADDER NOTE, I know many of you who might get a chance to read this, heard of all the awful things that happened last week regarding the tornados in the South. Enterprise, Alabama, my hometown was hit hard. It ripped apart the high school I graduated from.. and eight students lost their lives. Also in town, an elderly lady who lived down from one of my aunts lost her life from flying glass that hit her body.... my heart and prayers go out to all these families who lost a loved one. I am so thankful to say that my parents and relatives there (and I have many) are all okay. I had one aunt who had quite a bit of house damage, but she is okay. I remember growing up here and in those years it did seem like we lived in a very tornadic vicinity. And the other day on the news, I heard where Enterprise's estimated percentage of having a storm like this pass through is at 78%.. That's pretty high I would say!!! I remember lying in my bed as a child and hearing them wind through the woods behind our house. I have seen a few... At any rate, always take caution and don't take weather like this as a joke. These storms are devastating...again, I am thinking of you Enterprise.

No comments: